The Transfiguration Cathedral was built in style of classicism as the main Orthodox church in the city. There are beautiful sculptures of angels, a chapel with a bell and a large Easter egg in the courtyard of the cathedral. We did not take pictures inside the cathedral, but there is also very beautiful.
This building is a regional museum now. But originally it was a house of a merchant of the first guild Barsky. The building was built in Baroque style in 1885 by architect Alexander Lishnevsky.
Today the museum fund has more than 80 thousand exhibits, which are connected with history and nature of the region. Among them are paleontological collection; archaeological Trypillian, Cimmerian, Scythian cultures; collection of weapons, memorabilia and archives known countrymen, etc.
This monument was created in 2000 to celebration of the 250th anniversary of the city of Kirovograd. The monument is a majestic and impressive sight. Perimeter of the base of the column is marked by the inscription which reads: "O God, bless Ukraine." The gorgeous granitic image of Angel, who holds out his hands over the expanses of Ukraine, attracts attention locals and visitors alike.